Our fully catered snowshoeing holidays in the Alps are now available. Enjoy 5 days of guided snowshoe walks. Experience excellent homemade breakfasts and 3 course dinners from our own chef and relax in a 4 bed chalet exclusive to our snowshoeing group. These holidays are aimed at reasonably fit people who are happy to walk for 4 hours per day building up to a bigger 6 hour walk up to the Col de Cou overlooking Switzerland. Overall the level of walking is intermediate.
Price: £850pp based on 2 people sharing a room.
Dates: 16th March - 23th March
Accommodation: Alpine-Activities chalet
Our catered snowshoeing holidays include:
- 5 days of guided snowshoe walks
- 6 high quality evening meals with wine
- Home made packed lunch on 2 days
- Airport transfers from Geneva airport all the way to the door of your chalet
- 7 nights cosy alpine chalet accommodation
- 7 breakfasts
- All snowshoe equipment included
You will need to arrange:
- Flights, train or coach travel from the UK to Geneva or Thonon-les-Bains
- Travel insurance which must include rescue from an off piste area accompanied by a guide
- Evening meal on chalet night off
- Lunch in a mountain restaurant on 2 days
- Cost of any extra activities you might take part in on your day off
- Sunday: Arrive at Geneva, you will be picked up at the airport and taken to the chalet. We meet at 6 to say hello, chat about the walks and to collect your snow shoe equipment.
- Monday: Walk up Col de Croix 4 hours, assent 200m, 5 km. A leisurely day, introducing you to snowshoeing and to warm up the muscles. This is an extension of the Super Morzine Circuit.
- Tuesday: Super Morzine to Ardent, 6 hrs, 7km. A wild and spectacular walk through deep snow. Mostly down hill.
- Wednesday: Michael’s Wild Trail 6hrs, assent 300m, 7km. A wild walk through a remote valley.
- Thursday: A day of to do as you please.
- Friday: Forester’s Trail – Mountain Hut. We spend the morning working with transceivers then after lunch set off to walk to the hut where we spend the night (dinner and breakfast included).
- Saturday: Col de Coux 5 hrs, 620m, 6km. A high altitude walk to the border with Switzerland.
- Sunday: Transfer to airport.
Itineraries are provisional and subject to change depending on weather and snow conditions.
Our accommodation is the Alpine-Activities chalet. It is ideal for families or groups of up to eight people. It was completed in August 2012 and has a fantastic open plan design with a ground floor consisting of a kitchen / diner / living room with a large screen TV, DVD player, Freesat UK channels and free wifi.
The first floor has a large wood burning stove and underfloor heating. Off the living room is a twin / double bedroom with a large en-suite shower room. Oak bi-fold doors lead out from the dining area on to the private garden and the hot tub with stunning views of the Pointe de Nyon and the Corne de Ressachaux.
The upper floor has a large twin / double en-suite bedroom plus one twin bedroom and one bunk room each with their own shower and toilet facilities.
Ski boot dryers are provided for guests use in the boot room.
The chalet is located in a quiet corner of Morzine approximately one mile from the Nyon telecabine, and is on the free bus route (E) which circulates every sixty minutes. Some of the best snowshoeing routes are located at the head of the valley just 5 mins drive away.
We offer transport to and from the start of walks every day to save walking or waiting for buses, and will run you down to the centre of town on our night off.